When was the last time you checked your Facebook account? On average, Facebook users spend 35 minutes a day on the network, that’s the second-highest amount of time spent on any social media platform.
The time Facebook’s 1.32 billion daily active users spend on the network is the reason why businesses invested north of $9 million on Facebook ads in the second quarter of 2017, that’s a 47% increase from the second quarter of 2016.
Facebook advertising works on a pay-per-click (PPC) (also known as cost-per-click (CPC) advertising model) where you have to pay the network every time a user clicks an ad.
Facebook advertising helps marketers increase visibility for their ads, build brand awareness and measure clearly defined metrics and campaign goals helping them create better, more optimized campaigns in the future.
Due to its increasing user base and the high number of available audience targeting options, Facebook has established itself as the leader in social media advertising. In fact, according to an eMarketer study 96% of social media marketers regarded Facebook to be the most effective social media advertising platform.
When done right, Facebook advertising helps both B2B and B2C businesses leverage paid advertising to get new leads and convert them into customers.
Why should you choose to use Facebook ads?
With Facebook’s monthly active users increasing, and the social network’s ability to target your customers’ based on numerous variables, running paid campaigns on Facebook seems like an obvious choice for most marketers.
This means your Facebook ads have a greater chance of being viewed by your target audience. And, because Facebook collects a lot of user data (such as age, location, and interests) you can create ads and post-click landing pages that are perfectly tailored to them.
Currently, more than 3 million businesses actively advertise on Facebook. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider Facebook as a viable paid advertising channel for your business.
- Growing audience size: Facebook now has a total of 2 billion monthly active users, of which 83% are women while 75% are men. Plus, Facebook’s Audience Insights make it a lot easier for marketers to narrow down their target audience.
- Attention: People spend a lot of time on social networks. Marketers can leverage this time to put the right ads in front of the right people.
- Targeting options: Facebook offers allow businesses to target users by location, demographics, age, gender, interests, behavior, and much more.
Facebook Ads Pros
- Ability to create your own custom audience based on multiple targeting options.
- Powerful remarketing ability, you can call back visitors with the help of precise remarketing lists based on social visits or specific website visits.
- Choose from multiple ad formats to create ads for lead generation, brand awareness, and direct sales.
- Average CTR is lower than Google Ads, it’s as low as 0.9%.
Let’s Wrap Up
One of the best parts about using Facebook ads is how much marketers and businesses can learn about their ideal people, from learning about their interests to understanding each one of their behaviors and patterns. Once you know your best-performing audience(s), make sure to test various types of ads and copy. Marketers can create different ad sets or ads in separate campaigns, which will help you see any correlation between your ideal audience and your ad types. Testing is the key to discovering what resonates with your ideal audience(s). When using Facebook, identifying and reaching one’s goals and target audience(s) is easier than ever. We hope this blog post helps you create successful Facebook ads and good luck with your marketing efforts!
If Facebook ads are something you would like to explore for your business to grow online sales or increase brand awareness, please reach out to us and we can help set up and manage your very first campaign.